Thursday, December 15, 2011

Still Here, Still Truckin'...

I am a terrible blogstress, I know. Between the death of our second laptop and our transition to this iPad (which I can't figure out how to do anything on, including transferring pictures from my camera), the final push on selling our current home (officially done last Friday, phew) and on getting all the assessments & inspections completed on the new build, it has been complete mayhem around here for a good eight months now. Add in the usual suspects: taxiing kids around and keeping them happy & occupied, dealing with the occasional flus and other family health concerns and fitting in a workout here & there, and it's all been kind of a blur.

Now, I can at least say we are getting into the holiday spirit here. We have the tree up, the brown sugar shortbreads made and painted by the boys, a crockpot apple butter recipe ready to jar up, the eggnog in the fridge, and a cupboard or two of gifts ready to wrap and give. We had a blast at our friends' Christmas party last weekend and will spend this last Christmas in the house we started our family in, thinking about how to furnish and decorate our new place. We will move in mid-February and I expect a lot of our big home purchases will take place in early January, when things are on sale. A good time to buy patio furniture, I'm thinking...

But back to the holidays. I love giving. And if you haven't found the website "Pinterest" yet, you must check it out. I got my recipe for crockpot apple butter there(), along with an idea for these gorgeous, inexpensive bracelets to make for gifts(go here and scroll down to the twine and pearl delights: ), candy cane vodka tutorials, activities for my kids, ideas for the home...the list goes on. You have to request an invite, or a member can invite you. Just let me know if you would like an invite!

Hopefully I will have time to start writing again. I let it drop almost completely, save for a letter to my friend Jen here and there, around last spring. I just couldn't find the time, or the quietude I needed to get any done. Speaking of Jen, though (who is my best friend ever), she just had her little boy, Henry, at 29 weeks. He is the tiniest, sweetest little guy, and so strong. He's in an incubator but doing so well, and all I can say is I can't wait to meet him (They are in Edmonton. Sigh).

1 comment:

Bee said...

You forgot to post the links! Link, lady!! LINK!!!