Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Friend Bruce

I haven't written for a while because it's hard to know what to say. My friend, Bruce Wilson, who designed the home we are building, took his own life early last week. I am struggling with this on many levels, so I will just include a brief reflection on what's happened for now. He was a formidable man going through a difficult time. I was so optimistic he would pull through. It amazes me that he continued to meet us about the design of our home right up until a few days before he left us. I am grateful for everything he gave us. Love you forever, beautiful friend ~
 
My heart is broken by your choice, and I know I'm not alone. There is a vast, collective sadness.
Our friendship was not long, but I did think of it as a gift. Thank you for telling me you felt the same way.
I wish I could have given you some hope; that any of us could have shown you some of what you needed. 
You will always be honoured in my heart and in the beautiful home you helped us create.
I hope you are still out there somewhere, free of it all and with all of our love around you; with joy and strength.
Until our hearts meet again, Bruce, rest in peace.

No comments: